Tech Fest @ Boise Bot Comp
This year we are experimenting with adding aspects of the local technology community to the Bot Comp. One way we're doing this is by inviting tech groups (both hobbyists and companies) to display their hardware and discuss it with the visiting public at the Discovery Center.
This year at the Tech Fest we are very pleased to be hosting:
- PCS Robotics- Showing their educational line of robotics and STEM based projects.
- Paul Verhage- Providing demonstrations on his Nearsys kits and work with his dissertation on BalloonSat satellite launches.
- The Idaho Reprap User Group- Idaho's vanguard desktop manufacturing and DIY 3D printing group will be providing demonstrations and talking about 3d printing.
- FIRST Robotics Bullbots- This High School robotics team competes every year in national themed events
- Metageek- Boise's guru's on wifi technology will be presenting some of their innovative software and newest gear.
- Matrix Engineering- Demonstrating the bleeding edge of alternative energy, the engineers at Matrix Engineering will be revealing their new method for making your home a more efficient (and nicer) place to live.
- Boise Police Department Bomb Bot- Eveery day this robot is at the ready to protect and serve, we can't wait to see him in action!
- Hewlett Packard- Displaying their new technology for printing from your smart phone.
- BSU Aero/RC Club- Showing off some of their best examples of RC planes, this team works every year to make cool concepts come to life.
The Bot Comp is a non commercial, grassroots event based entirely on the culture and passion for robotics, making things, and engineering. To this end, we are not looking for sales pitches, we're looking for people passionate about their technology. If you're interested in participating, please email us. Hope to see you there.
What we expect from presenters:
- One to three people to discuss what the tech does and more importantly, how it works
- No sales, solicitations or commercial promotions shall be discussed at the event
- All PR based upon the Bot Comp itself must be reviewed and submitted with approval from event coordinators (us) alone.
What participating groups may expect from Boise Bot Comp:
- Table space to show projects
- Time to interact with event goers (expecting 400 people)
- Time for presentations and demonstrations (if schedule at least 1 week before the event)
- Free admission to the Discovery Center for the day for those presenting